20050812

Keeping Pests Out of Your RV





Humphrey
Bodark at Tranquility Place





I don't know where I first heard that Bodark balls would repel all kinds of pests, but a few years ago, I visited my sister in Oklahoma when the Bodarc Balls were falling.

Being very interested in this "non-toxic" method of pest control, I gathered a few and tucked them into the basement compartments to greet any critters who might come in that way.

While I can't guarantee that they work, I can say that I had no mice or roaches in the motorhome as long as they were there.

If you don't know about the beautiful Bodark tree and its greenish-yellow "hedge oranges" or "Bodark balls", that probably means they don't grow where you are, but you may be able to find them at a roadside vegetable stand or Farmer's Market. Look back a few pages to the article where I wrote about them and other open air markets.

Bodark Trees and Cart Load of Bodark Balls


You might find them listed under other names, such as Bodarc, Bois d'arc, Osage orange, hedge apple, or horse apples.

No comments: